Committee Meetings will be held virtually with each committee chairperson setting up their meeting on their preferred platform. We will list connecting information in the Friday email updates so that community members can call or sign in to observe.
–The governor’s stay at home order, as of Thursday, May 28, 2020 does not allow for the opening of community pools or community amenities within an HOA. Homeowners will be provided updates as the governor’s restrictions are relaxed / amended. Currently, the order indicates that for those 65 and older or individuals with underlying medical conditions, Stage 4 will end the stay at home order by gradually opening larger gatherings and venues at a pace consistent with public health and safety.
– Announcements and useful links can be found on the community website. Please remember to check the oceanaseniors.org website and OCA -TV for further updates.
Office: 760-757-3937, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support. Stay Safe and Healthy!!
From: The OKC <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 1:07 PM
To: Karen Walter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Serving the community of Oceana
My name is Summer and I am writing to you from O’side Kitchen Collaborative here in Oceanside, CA. We are a local non-profit seeking to connect people in need of meals with our kitchen where we prepare fresh, hot meals every day for pickup and distribution. We are currently working with Robert serving some members of the community of Oceana, but we understand that it is very likely we are not fully serving all those in need – particularly the elderly who may be unable at this time to get to stores, and those unable to prepare healthy meals for themselves consistently. We are happy to do our part to fill some of this need, providing a daily meal from our location at the El Corazon Senior Center. We are currently producing 1000-1500 hot meals per day, and an additional 1000 or so frozen meals for distribution. Today’s menu is chicken fajitas, and tomorrow we will be serving meatloaf with potatoes and vegetables; out menu changes daily based on the ingredients available and our chef’s vision. For photos and reference to what we are doing, please visit us on instagram, facebook, or on our website, theokc.org.
We hope to be able to serve a greater number of our seniors in need here in Oceanside, and sincerely appreciate your help in connecting us to them. If you have any further questions please reach out to us through this email address or by phone at (760)707-8108. Additionally, feel free to forward this email to anyone else who might be interested in heading this coordination effort in your community.
Summer and the entire OKC Family
Face masks are now MANDANTORY in San Diego County when outside the home and within six feet of a non-family member. Click here for details.
The Board of Directors will hold a General Meeting via teleconferencing on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 9:30 am. (This is a change in time from last week’s announcement.) Homeowners are welcome to attend via teleconferencing.
General Session Board Meeting
Wed, Apr 29, 2020 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM (PDT)
Please join the meeting by dialing in with your phone:
-United States: +1 (669) 224-3412
– One-touch: tel:+16692243412,,526404389#
Access Code: 526-404-389
- Please forward your questions or comments for the homeowner forum via email to: email@example.com no later than Tuesday, April 28, 2020 3:00 pm.
- The agenda and homeowner packet has been sent as an attachment, to this email.
-Homeowners will also be able to pick up a packet in the brochure holder at the entrance to the business office. (This packet will include the agenda and management report only)
-The Board and Management continue to ensure that the day-to-day operations and immediate needs of the community are being met.
-Some homeowners have inquired about their monthly HOA assessment. The Board continues to have a responsibility to collect assessment, pay bills, and coordinate repairs. In order to continue the operations of the community the planned monthly dues are required.
-The Board asks the community to continue to follow the governor’s stay in place order; when out practice safe distancing, etc.
-The office continues to be closed to walk-in traffic, but staff is available by phone Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 3:00pm.
-The administrative and maintenance team are working on a reduced staff schedule. CDC and Health Department guidelines are being followed by the staff members on duty, please respect their working space and stay a minimum of 6 feet away from staff members working throughout the community.
-The maintenance team, on a daily basis, continues to clean and sanitize the doggie stations, the benches throughout the community, trash sheds, community mailboxes, etc. This is our new normal.
– Announcements and useful links can be found on the community website.
Please remember to check the oceanaseniors.org website and OCA -TV for further updates.
Thank you for your support during these difficult times. Stay Safe and Healthy!!
The Annual Meeting continues to be on hold, ballots have not been opened and are secure in the locked ballot boxes. As previously communicated, until ballots are opened and tallied, existing directors remain in place.
The Board of Directors held an Executive Meeting on March 25, 2020 by teleconferencing, updates will be provided at the next General Session Meeting.
- The Board and Management continue to ensure that the day-to-day operations and immediate needs of the community are being met.
- Community members will be notified in advance if the Board arranges a teleconference General Session Meeting in the upcoming weeks.
- The use of the pool, clubhouse and group activities continue to be suspended until further notice.
- Committee Meetings and General Session Meetings continue to be suspended until further notice.
- The office is closed to walk-in traffic, but staff is available by phone Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 3:00pm.
- The administrative and maintenance team are working on a reduced staff schedule. Please respect the 6ft. distancing if you encounter a maintenance or landscape team member.
- CDC and Health Department guidelines are being followed by the staff members on duty, please respect their working space and stay a minimum of 6 feet away from staff members working throughout the community.
- Please check the oceanaseniors.org website and OCA -TV for further updates.
- The maintenance team, on a daily basis, continues to clean and sanitize the doggie stations, the benches throughout the community, trash sheds, community mailboxes, etc.
- Each of us individually has the responsibility to adhere to the instructions of our local, state and federal government agencies as well as health care providers.
- Currently there have been no reports that any members of the community have been infected by the COVID-19 virus. (Please keep in mind that there are privacy and legal protocols related to any reporting.) If an owner does report to the office, when advisable, we will notify the community in very general terms (no name, no unit or location will be disclosed.) An individual who has contracted COVID-19 is advised by the local health department and/or their doctor as to whom they should inform..
OCA-TV is currently experiencing a failure with the remote link, broadcasting of announcements may be interrupted, these problems are due to high internet usage.
Announcements and useful links can be found on the community website: www.oceanaseniors.org
Annual Meeting Update
The Board of Directors held an Executive Meeting on Wednesday, March 25, 2020. The Board agreed to further suspend the annual meeting until the coronavirus crisis passes, Governor’s Orders are relaxed, etc. Once the Annual Meeting is held, ballots counted, the new directors will be announced and new directors will be seated. Until then, existing directors remain in place.
The decision to suspend the meeting includes the responsibility of the Board to comply with the Governor’s Executive Order, the Boards responsibility to conduct a fair and open process with consideration of candidates, ballot counters, inspector of elections and homeowners. (The bylaws do allow for officers to continue to hold office until successors have been selected and qualified.)
Further updates will be provided as events change….
- The use of the pool, clubhouse and group activities are suspended until further notice.
- Committee Meetings and General Session Meetings are suspended until further notice.
- The office is closed to walk-in traffic but is available by phone Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 3:00pm. The administrative and maintenance team are working on a reduced staff schedule.
Please check the OCA senior’s website and OCA -TV for further updates. OCA-TV will be used to provide emergency notifications to the community if necessary.
Office: 760-757-3937, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community website: oceanaseniors.org
The Maintenance team is working on a daily basis to clean and sanitize the doggie stations, the benches through the common area of the property, community mailboxes, etc.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during these unusual times. Stay safe and healthy.
The Emerald Isle Golf Course has requested that residents refrain from walking on the course.
Even during early hours they are performing maintenance on the grounds. Non-golf-play walking on the property is dangerous for the resident and a liability to Emerald Isle.
Please respect this request for your own safety; the course is open for golf and busy.
All maintenance team members are working normal schedules.
The administrative team is back to 80% staffing, (continue to reduce staff hours on a limited basis)
Residents can contact the business office between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00pm daily. The staff will accept work requests via phone, email and fax
Please use the emails above in place of personal email addresses due to the fact that we will have a reduced staff, The general mailbox addresses are monitored by numerous staff members.
Thank you once again for your understanding. Please stay safe and healthy!
Also, Oceanside senior citizens may contact Serving Seniors for meal delivery: (760) 435-5285.
Because the Auditorium is otherwise scheduled, there will be no Pickleball on the following days/times:
Pickleball is canceled until further notice.
Since our coyote neighbors have been a recent and heated topic of discussion in Oceana, we’ve been learning some practical ways to protect our pets and make our community less attractive to them. Don’t leave garbage, dog food or any edibles outside ever (this includes bird seed which attracts rats and rabbits—the coyotes favorite food). Discard all overripe fallen fruit, since this also attracts rats and rabbits. Don’t leave bowls of water outside (Note: standing water also attract mosquitoes). Never leave pets outside unattended—remember, there are no fences in Oceana. Always keep Rover on a short leash and don’t walk him on the side of the street closest to the open canyon areas where the coyotes live.
A few residents have also recently reported seeing rattlesnakes in our community. Just like the coyotes, rabbits and rats, rattlesnakes are also native to this region and they’ve all been living here for hundreds of thousands of years. Here are a few safety tips for avoiding contact with this deadly reptile. If you are gardening or out for a walk do not reach into a bush where there might be a rattlesnake nest. Don’t let your dogs run into a bush where they might get bitten. If you have to take Rover out for a walk after dark, carry a flashlight and watch your step. Snakes are cold blooded and sometimes like to warm themselves on the pavement in the evening.
? SHARE AND WEAR IS NOT CLOSING!!!!!!!!!! ?
Ever hear a rumor that was SO untrue that you wondered how it started? Well we’re here todispel the rumor that Share and Wear is closing!
Changes are coming to Share and Wear, and we’re definitely refining some aspects but we’re NOT CLOSING!
As of October 1, 2018, Share and Wear will be still be open:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 11-2 p.m.
And as of October 1, Oceana residents and guests of Oceana residents will be welcome, but non-residents will only be able to shop at Share and Wear accompanied by an Oceana resident. Unfortunately, this is due to ADA restrictions, which we are compelled to abide by. Guests of Oceana residents must be accompanied BY Oceana residents.***BUT here’s the good news! EVERY First SATURDAY of the month will be “SUPER SATURDAY” which means everything is 50% off (except jewelry) and the public is welcome! For those of you who work weekdays, the FIRST SATURDAY will be YOUR day to come shop our styles at the Boutique and find your treasures at the Annex! We even provide you with BAGS, unlike other California retailers, so NO NEED to drag the bags down!Listen up!
ALL the wonderful activities here at Oceana are what makes OUR Oceana special and unique… do you realize that? We have over 40+ activities: clubs, meet ups, parties, off site events, get-togethers…. No other affordable retirement community offers this much to their residents, and you know WHY? Because of YOUR donations and purchases at SHARE & WEAR!!!!!! You probably do not realize how many hundreds of dollars Share & Wear nets Oceana in order to fund EVERY activity we have here, did you?!! Well, the loss of revenue would cause a tsunami for us, so COME ON DOWN – donate and DEFINITELY SPEND ??!!!!Many of your neighbors have NO idea what Share and Wear is or even that it exists! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD by doing 3 things now:
1. Dispel the rumor ?2. Spread the new hours⌚3. Bring your guests and yourself and SHOP, SHOP, SHOP!??You’ll be donating to YOURSELF and your community at the same time. AND, did we mention that we’ll be open to the public EVERY FIRST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH?! Spread the word like wildfire! ??We have some of the BEST merchandise around!!! Come see!!!Be like Paul Revere and alert your neighbors: “Share & Wear is coming, SHARE & WEAR IS COMING!!”?? And be like Uncle Sam and tell others “Share & Wear Needs YOU!”☝Come take advantage of what THIS OCEANA offers, and be a part of the solution to keep the variety of what we DO offer GOING by your donations and purchases! We need EACH OF YOU to make Share & Wear a continuing success!!OCEANA… COME ON DOWN!!!!
Pickleball meets every Monday and Tuesday at 2pm in the auditorium for Open Play for ALL skill levels. Additional Open Play is available, also in the auditorium, at 1:45pm Fridays and 1pm Saturdays. The Friday and Saturday times are new. Until more people realize these times are available there may or may not be enough players.
Tuesday mornings at 9am are reserved for Advanced Players. Please use your own judgement as to whether you are ready to join this group.
Private Games with friends of your choice may be held any time Open Play is not scheduled and the court is available. Court time may be reserved on the clipboard in the pickleball gear box. Remember, if two parties arrive to play at the same time, the party with the reservation gets the court. If you would like to schedule a standing private game (same time every week) please contact Steve Reigle.
NO PLAYER WILL BE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITHOUT FIRST HAVING SIGNED AN OCEANA LIABILITY WAIVER. ALSO, COURT-TYPE SHOES (GOOD GRIP) ARE REQUIRED. WITHOUT GOOD SHOES AND A SIGNED WAIVER YOU DO NOT PLAY.
Visit the Pickleball page for ongoing information.
Do you have an Oceana friend or neighbor who will need help evacuating in case of emergency? Please click here for information on how to make us aware of their need.